|Job Title:||Procurement Officer|
|Job Classification:||junior-level (1-4 years)|
|Job Category:||Supply Chain (Logistics, Procurement, Warehousing, Transport)|
- To support DAL Mining in improving procurement processes, value received from its suppliers and engagement with the internal stakeholder.
- Working with Departments and the Head of Procurement to deliver effective procurement solutions for projects and on-going requirements whilst managing risks to an appropriate level.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- Monitoring supply market, and identifying potential source of supply
- Sourcing all company needs of a wide variety of goods and services (e.g. mining & drilling equipment/tools, information & communication technology, laboratory equipment and instruments, foodstuffs, building maintenance materials, office supplies, furniture, etc.) locally and globally by applying market intelligence.
- Leading product category and projects requirements through market analysis, tenders, contract negotiations and successful implementation, locally & globally
- Controlling and reducing the cost by consistently buying the right quantity at the right prices, and reducing or eliminating wastage in the procedure.
- Ensuring smooth and uninterrupted supply of goods and services by applying good principles of Supply Chain Management.
- Maintaining constructive relationships with suppliers; and conduct procurement activities in an ethical, socially responsible and environmentally friendly way.
- Provide advice on procurement activities to internal stakeholders during all phases of the procurement cycle; analyze and evaluate procurement requests and ensure appropriateness of technical specifications.
- Assisting in rationalizing the supplier base by selecting, coordinating, appraising the performance of suppliers, and keeping up-to-date supplier records.
- Prepare all necessary documentation and follow up the clearance of the arrived goods from overseas in order to minimize lead time.
- Process all necessary documentation & follow up suppliers payments
- Prepare a variety of procurement-related documents; purchase orders, contracts, vendors List, reportsâ€¦etc.Maintains procurement documents in a systematic, retrievable manner.
- Where priorities mean it is necessary, support others within the team to deliver our objectives.
- Performs any other related duties as assigned by Senior Procurement Officer to facilitate smooth operations of the business.
Minimum Qualification & Experience:
- A university degree
- Formal qualification in Procurement
- 3-4 Yearsâ€™ experience in Procurement
- Experience in Mining & Drilling Industry or similar industry
Required Skills & Knowledge:
- Knowledge of internationally recognized procurement standards/processes
- Good judgment and the ability to interpret policies and procedures
- Knowledge of quantitative methods to measure supplier capacity systems and ability to identify sources of supply, market trends and pricing.
- Analysis and problem solving skills i.e. able to apply technical expertise to resolve a range of issues/problems.
- Accuracy and attention to details
- Communication and negotiation skills i.e. able to shape and influence agreements with requisitioning units and suppliers.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously to meet goals and deadlines
- Experience with ERP Systems
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, busy, and somewhat stressful environment
- Have the sense of responsibility and urgency.
- Fluency (written and spoken) in English & Arabic
- Proficient computer skills, including Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Excel, Word, and Power-Point)
- Valid Driving License
Before you go on:
DAL Career website is developed to allow you to find different careers opportunities within DAL Group, use this website to find a job and apply.
Our Official Application Form: Kindly use DAL Group Job Application Form instead of your CV, then attach it when asked for a CV in the e-recruitment application
How to Apply: Find out DAL Group application process– and read about the next stages in our recruitment process. Create an account
My Application: Manage your application, register for updates and search for jobs.
Careers & Jobs: The diversity of DAL Group business means, there could be a role within DAL Group to match you.
Compensation, Rewards & Benefits: Our compensation, rewards and benefits are designed to meet individual, local and international market needs as well as DAL Group requirements.
Development & Career Progression: DAL Group companies are committed to develop & train employees for success.
Note: All dates on this website are in (Day/Month/Year) format Attention: You need to Sign in before applying for any vacancy.
Not Working ? Do you have a problems, something is not working properly?.. go ahead send us FeedBack .