|Job Title:||Instrument Operator|
|Job Classification:||mid-level (4-7 years)|
|Job Category:||Production (Manufacturing & Maintenance)|
To perform routine instrumental analysis of geochemical samples in order to achieve customer turnaround time requirements within the set safety and quality standards.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- Operate analytical equipment in the analysis of geochemical samples in order to meet client requirements of turnaround time and quality.
Basic Equipment Maintenance:
- Perform routine basic day to day instrument maintenance and repairs to ensure optimal performance and availability of the instruments.
- Perform instrument calibration to ensure accurate data is produced during analysis of samples.
- Analyze samples and maintain instrument run data to ensure traceability of all analysis.
External Equipment Servicing:
- Liaise and coordinate with Senior Quality Control and Technical Support Chemist on servicing and maintenance of analytical instruments to ensure timeous service provision by the relevant suppliers.
Health & Safety Standards:
- Maintain safe work conditions and clean, orderly work environment at all times to ensure contamination is eliminated or minimized.
Reagents and solution preparation:
- Ensure required solutions are prepared and available when required to minimize downtime and that spent solutions are disposed of in an environmentally sound manner.
- Perform work within established quality control parameters and implement appropriate corrective actions on nonconforming work before reporting of data.
Quality Policy and procedures:
- Ensure all work is performed in strict adherence to work instructions and strong commitment to quality and integrity to ensure data quality is achieved consistently.
- Maintain inventory of instrument consumables to avoid equipment downtime.
Minimum Qualification & Experience:
- Diploma/Degree/Post Graduate Degree in Chemistry or related Scientific Field
- Professional Certification in Chemistry or Scientific Field
- Accredited in Chemistry or related scientific field
- Professional Membership in Chemistry related Field
- Minimum 5 years work experience in Analytical laboratory
- Minimum 3 years work experience with instrumentation within an analytical services laboratory
Required Skills & Knowledge:
- Fluent in English
- Business Administration
- Quality Assurance and Quality Control
- MS Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Visio)
- The ability to solve problems and think diagnostically
- Ability to troubleshoot and maintain equipment AAS, ICP-OES, etc.
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Data handling skills
- Good team working skills
- Good analytical skills
- Ability to review accuracy of data
- The ability to learn by oneself
Before you go on:
DAL Career website is developed to allow you to find different careers opportunities within DAL Group, use this website to find a job and apply.
Our Official Application Form: Kindly use DAL Group Job Application Form instead of your CV, then attach it when asked for a CV in the e-recruitment application
How to Apply: Find out DAL Group application process– and read about the next stages in our recruitment process. Create an account
My Application: Manage your application, register for updates and search for jobs.
Careers & Jobs: The diversity of DAL Group business means, there could be a role within DAL Group to match you.
Compensation, Rewards & Benefits: Our compensation, rewards and benefits are designed to meet individual, local and international market needs as well as DAL Group requirements.
Development & Career Progression: DAL Group companies are committed to develop & train employees for success.
Note: All dates on this website are in (Day/Month/Year) format Attention: You need to Sign in before applying for any vacancy.
Not Working ? Do you have a problems, something is not working properly?.. go ahead send us FeedBack .