WHO WE ARE?
Global Aid Hand (GAH) is a non-profit organization, founded by Ismael Hagana, a committed and experienced philanthropist with the assistance of highly qualified field cadres who have chosen to pursue a shared interest in humanitarianism. The objective of the organization is to bring radical transformation into the life of the most vulnerable and to contribute to the positive impact to humanity.
The founders are fully committed to provide high quality, broad and transparent public services in the sector of shelter and protection, health, water and sanitation, education , food security and livelihoods.
Global Aid Hand hereby announces a vacancy for the above-mentioned position to be
based in its headquarter office at Khartoum with some travel to its field operations as and when required. The announcement will be valid for one week starting 24/7/2019 to 31/7/2019
The Human Resources Officer will be responsible for directing all human resources (HR) on behalf of Global Aid Hand at Headquarter and Field level. Under the direct supervision and guidance of Senior Program and Operations Manager/Country Director, he/she will have delegated authority to take the lead when it comes to any and all human resources matters and functions. The holder of this position will be expected to spearhead various initiatives including but not limited to training, monitoring, problem-solving, and ensuring organization policies including the HR policy as well as enforcement GAH Code of Conduct are followed and adhered to by all staff in the Organization.
- Manage and co-ordinate the recruitment process for new /vacant positions in conjunction with the relevant line manager. This will include updates to job descriptions, advertise the vacancy, draw up the short-list, interview potential candidates and make the appointment.
- Directing and overseeing the training, and dismissal procedures as well as administering and monitoring benefit programs.
- Liaise with other NGOs, local service providers and field management to ensure salaries and benefits for nationally and regionally recruited staff are in-line with similar organizations, meet the requirements of Sudan labor legislation and are within budget.
- In concurrence with line managers, induct new employees and continue to educate existing staff on organization policies, rules and regulations as well as procedures within the Organization
- Ensure that the organization adheres to all statutory labor laws with regard to recruitment, contract preparation, dismissal, entitlements and payroll preparation
- In collaboration with line managers and direct supervisors, monitor employee progress and stay abreast on organization culture, ensuring it stays positive and productive
- Ensure that all work activities for managers and employees are within the stipulated job descriptions as determined
- Encourage cross-functional relationships and ensure managers and staff are properly connected for maximum efficiency within departments
- In concurrence with line managers, regularly meet with staff to review progress and carry our periodic assessments and oversee performance appraisals in accordance with laid out guidelines and bringing to light any emerging issues to senior management
- Support line management to identify staffing and training needs, including in-house and external training opportunities as appropriate, working within budgetary and operational constraints.
- Promote a positive and open work environment where employees feel comfortable speaking up about issues
- Manage and supervise other HR staff, ensuring they are assigned and carry out proper tasks
- Ensure all staff HR files are updated with relevant staff plans, holidays, sickness, other absences, training records, insurance, pensions, other benefits, taxes, or any other information according to GAH policy and any donor requirements.
- Regular review, update and / or develop of employment documentation for nationally and regionally recruited staff, including job descriptions, employment contracts and staff guidelines, ensuring they meet the requirements of Sudan labor laws.
- Understand and adhere to all pertinent labor laws
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or related field with at least 3+ years in similar position
- Highly computer literate in Microsoft Office Suite (especially Excel) and various HR software programs including HRIS
- A proven leader with strong interpersonal skills, keen to motivate and effectively educate and connect department managers and employees regarding all HR matters
- Ability to lead and manage staff while working in a highly visible role
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills, honesty, dependability as well as high ethical moral standards especially in the handling of highly sensitive documents
- Experienced in mediation and conflict resolution processes, handling stressful situations and decision making under pressure
- Attentive listener; understanding, empathetic, and peraPPL