Sourcing Officer Sayga Investment Co | Dal Group
Job Title: Sourcing Officer
Date Posted: 26/03/2020
Closing Date: 07/01/2021
Company: Sayga Investment Co. Ltd.
Job Classification: junior-level (1-4 years)
Job Category: Supply Chain (Logistics, Procurement, Warehousing, Transport)
Location: Khartoum North
About DAL Food
DAL Food is the largest and most diverse food company in Sudan focused on providing affordable, basic, staple foods and drinks for mass consumption.
The company is a visionary integration of a number of successful DAL Group divisions that have come together to form a larger, fully integrated agri-food organisation that will help increase access to DAL’s quality products, thereby playing a key role in improving the daily lives of people all around Sudan and beyond. Our business is guided by our commitment to providing products that improve daily life for millions of Sudanese people through our focus on traditional dishes, nutritional quality, product safety and reliability, affordability and widespread availability.
With a workforce of around 4,000 people and with our wide distribution networks reaching all across Khartoum and Upcountry, we also have a wide range of international offices and representations in countries like UAE, KSA, Malaysia, China, Chad, Ethiopia and South Sudan. This helps in serving our strategic ambition of leveraging our scale and capabilities to build a significant presence in chosen neighbouring countries.
Our product portfolio offers a wide variety of brands; Sayga, Zadna, Nobo, Milli, Safia, Rio, Bibo, Capo and many others
Plan, coordinate, and manage sourcing efforts within the sourcing & origination unit. Activities include direct buying and support in building networks in Argo-commodity markets.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide support and information to create market overview (outlook, stocks, prices, projections, sources, players and trends).
- Coordinate with business units to quantify and plan demand.
- Build, manage, and maintain relationships with suppliers and market networks.
- Identify supply opportunities and flag and mitigate possible risks.
- Complete initial inspection as per quality protocols complete agreements (Invoice/Contract).
Minimum Qualification & Experience:
- Bachelor Degree in Business Administration or any relevant filed.
Required Skills & Knowledge:
- Knowledge of planning principles and practices.
- Knowledge of research and data collection.
- Multi-functional skills.
- Microsoft skills .
- Good English language skills
How to Apply
DAL Career website is developed to allow you to find different careers opportunities within DAL Group, use this website to find a job and apply.
- Our Official Application Form: Kindly use DAL Group Job Application Form instead of your CV, then attach it when asked for a CV in the e-recruitment application
- How to Apply: Find out DAL Group application process– and read about the next stages in our recruitment process. Create an account
- My Application: Manage your application, register for updates and search for jobs.
- Careers & Jobs: The diversity of DAL Group business means, there could be a role within DAL Group to match you.
- Compensation, Rewards & Benefits: Our compensation, rewards and benefits are designed to meet individual, local and international market needs as well as DAL Group requirements.
- Development & Career Progression: DAL Group companies are committed to develop & train employees for success.