Procurement Officer – DAL Food | Sayga Investment Co
Job Title: Procurement Officer
Date Posted: 10/11/2020
Closing Date: 07/01/2021
Company: Sayga Investment Co. Ltd.
Job Classification: junior-level (1-4 years)
Job Category: Supply Chain (Logistics, Procurement, Warehousing, Transport)
Location: Khartoum North
About DAL Food
DAL Food is the largest and most diverse food company in Sudan focused on providing affordable, basic, staple foods and drinks for mass consumption.
The company is a visionary integration of a number of successful DAL Group divisions that have come together to form a larger, fully integrated agri-food organisation that will help increase access to DAL’s quality products, thereby playing a key role in improving the daily lives of people all around Sudan and beyond. Our business is guided by our commitment to providing products that improve daily life for millions of Sudanese people through our focus on traditional dishes, nutritional quality, product safety and reliability, affordability and widespread availability.
With a workforce of around 4,000 people and with our wide distribution networks reaching all across Khartoum and Upcountry, we also have a wide range of international offices and representations in countries like UAE, KSA, Malaysia, China, Chad, Ethiopia and South Sudan. This helps in serving our strategic ambition of leveraging our scale and capabilities to build a significant presence in chosen neighbouring countries.
Our product portfolio offers a wide variety of brands; Sayga, Zadna, Nobo, Milli, Safia, Rio, Bibo, Capo and many others
A detail-oriented, thorough, and organized procurement officer to oversee purchases and develop new contracts. In this position, he/she will play a key role in procuring high-quality and cost-efficient supplies for DAL Food. He/she will follow procurement procedures, maintain an updated list of all old, current and incoming purchases, and be responsible for obtaining approvals for purchases.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- End to End follow-up on Procurement cycle from requisition until receiving of goods.
- Maintain records of purchases, pricing, and other important data.
Review and analyze all suppliers, supply, and price options.
- Work with team members and procurement manager to complete duties as needed.
- Estimate and establish cost parameters and budgets for purchases.
Create and maintain good relationships with suppliers.
- Make professional decisions in a fast-paced environment.
- Review and analyze all suppliers, supply, and price options.
- Negotiate the best deal for pricing and supply contracts.
- Ensure that the products and supplies are high quality and meeting the customer technical requirements.
- Maintain and update a list of suppliers and their qualifications, delivery times, and potential future development.
- Accept any other duties assigned by Category Manager or Procurement Manager.
Minimum Qualification & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Business or Management field.
Required Skills & Knowledge:
- Excellent Communication skills.
- Excellent Coordination skills.
- Leadership skill.
- Teamwork & relationship building.
- Negotiation skills.
How to Apply
DAL Career website is developed to allow you to find different careers opportunities within DAL Group, use this website to find a job and apply.
- Our Official Application Form: Kindly use DAL Group Job Application Form instead of your CV, then attach it when asked for a CV in the e-recruitment application
- How to Apply: Find out DAL Group application process– and read about the next stages in our recruitment process. Create an account
- My Application: Manage your application, register for updates and search for jobs.
- Careers & Jobs: The diversity of DAL Group business means, there could be a role within DAL Group to match you.
- Compensation, Rewards & Benefits: Our compensation, rewards and benefits are designed to meet individual, local and international market needs as well as DAL Group requirements.
- Development & Career Progression: DAL Group companies are committed to develop & train employees for success.