Job location: Khartoum, Sudan
Starting date: 01/10/2019
Vacancy closing date: 20/08/2019
Duration position: 3 years
Workhours: Fulltime (40 hours)
Position type: Open for international and national candidates.
ZOA is a Christian international NGO that offers RELIEF to people who are affected by conflict or natural disasters. ZOA wants to contribute to a new perspective of HOPE in which people work together for a promising future in dignity and mutual trust. Together with the affected communities, we work on the RECOVERY until they can provide to take care of their livelihoods. The international work of ZOA is coordinated from the Netherlands. ZOA is active in multiple countries in Africa, Middle East Region and Asia. ZOA works approximately with 900 employees worldwide.
ZOA is looking for a
The MEAL expert is responsible for the monitoring, evaluation, accountability and learning activities of ZOA in Sudan. This position reports to the Manager/Director of Programme Quality and is responsible for ensuring the effective design and implementation of ZOAs MEAL Strategy that is in line with ZOAs policies and practices. The MEAL expert will focus on setting appropriate monitoring and evaluation requirements for ZOAs projects and programmes and assumes overall responsibility for M&E related data collection, collation, analysis and reporting (internal and external). The MEAL expert ensures that objective evaluations are managed to assess the ZOAs programme and project relevance, effectiveness, efficiency, impact and sustainability of results and that evaluations are carried out in a credible and systematic manner with lessons and recommendations used for programme/project design. Capacity building and awareness creation on adaptive programming and result-based management will be part of the responsibilities of the MEAL expert.
Your main tasks and responsibilities:
- Mainstreaming M&E through standardized indicators in project implementation, based on standards of ZOA international;
- Managing ZOA Sudan key accountability mechanisms and reporting systems;
- Developing Theory of Change for programme areas and break this down into projects;
- Design project logframes (SMART) and support the implementing staff in gathering data (tool development etc.);
- Advisce programme department on strategic choices based on data;
- Provide technical and methodological support to programs for the implementation of monitoring and evaluation activities (incl. KAP), data management (development of questionnaires for surveys, sampling, input method, extraction of useful data and interpretation) and integration of cross-functional issues;
- Focal point for digital data collection (through KoboCollect);
- Develop the capabilities of program teams in the areas of collection and analysis of data (method, formats, software, etc.), indicator measurement, feedback and complaint mechanisms, negative impact analysis, etc.;
- Organize learning events in different thematic areas (e.g. peacebuilding, community participation, programme sustainability, result based management, adaptive programming etc.).
- Education (Masters) in a relevant subject, or equivalent field experience, of international relations, research, social science, gender, protection;
- At least 5 years of operational experience in international development and M&E;
- Previous experience of working in monitoring and evaluation, research and managing projects in post-conflict environments;
- Proven experience and skills in quantitative and qualitative/participatory research methods and analysis and linking planning to M&E through results based approaches;
- Experience with adaptive programming and changing contexts (development focus);
- Excellent (verbal and graphic) communication, training/facilitation skills, preferably in data collection methods and tools and M&EAbility to work in a team as well as independently;
- A high level of mental and physical resilience and willingness for duty trips in rural areas;
- Used to working in a politically tense environment;
- Eye for detail and accuracy;
- Being a Christian adhering to the Christian identity of ZOA;
- The candidate is expected to fully support the vision and mission of ZOA.
- This is a family or accompanied post.
ZOA offers you a challenging job, an inspiring and motivated team in de programme country, and good benefits and remuneration which suits the NGO sector.
Do you need more information?
For more information about ZOA, please visit at our website www.zoa-international.com.
If you have questions about this vacancy, you can contact Mrs. Heline Bisschop, HR Officer, email [email protected]
Interested and you want to apply?
ZOA operates with an equal opportunities policy and is committed to diversity in the workplace. Qualified women and men, people of all nationalities, and cultural backgrounds, and candidates with disabilities are welcome to apply.
If you are interested in this position, please apply directly via our website
CV’s of no more than 5 pages in length are appreciated.
Please provide at least 3 references related to your previous employment listed in your CV or motivation letter. References of previous positions held should not be older than five years and one reference should be from the HR department of the organisation of your most recent employment.
Only selected candidates will be contacted and invited to participate in the process of recruitment. It is our aim to inform all other candidates of their status in the recruitment process within 4 weeks after the vacancy has closed. A written test will be part of the recruitment procedure. Documents that do not match the profile above will not be considered. Internal candidates will have priority, in case of similar results.