Responsible for maintenance, repair, overhaul, and rebuilding of and pumps within a sector of the mission Area.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure operatives, apprentices and assistants under control carry out all works to required standards
- Hands on manufacture, maintenance, installation, service and repair to a varied range of driven generating sets, generator control systems and associated equipment including turbochargers and fuel injection equipment
- Repairs electrical and mechanical faults in generators, alternators, pumps, electric motors and low voltage switchboards.
- Ensure spares or materials lists are compiled in good time for work assigned
- Overhauls and rebuilds generators
- Ensure having adequate hand tools to carry out duties
- Ensure all resources allocated are safely and securely stored while in possession and ensure that returned in a reasonable and appropriate timescales
- The work can be of a physically demanding nature.
- Working at various site locations in Sudan
- Perform other duties as required
Knowledge and Skills required:
- Previous Mechanical experience working on Diesel Generators.
- Ideally Mechanic strong knowledge of Power Gensets.
- Time management skills
- Problem solving skills
- Repairing and installation knowledge
- Able to use own initiative as well as working as part of a team.
- Good customer service and communication skills.
- Mechanical Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance.
- Engineering and Technology skills
- Attention to Detail
- Self Control
- Analytical Thinking
- Stress Tolerance
- Physical ability to perform tasks.
Qualifications / Experience:
- Candidates must have at least Diploma degree in Mechanical engineering
- 3-4 years of Mechanical experience working with power generators
- Mechanical training and certificates are preferable.
- Minimal level of workshop related experience required.
- Basic level knowledge of and/or experience with power generation product.
Send Cv with job Title to : firstname.lastname@example.org