Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH
GIZ assists the German Government in achieving its objectives in the field of international cooperation. GIZ offers demand-driven, tailor-made and effective services for sustainable development worldwide. Our actions are guided by the principles of sustainability. We advocate for human rights, equal opportunities and integrity, and we promote market-oriented, ecological and social economic development.
The GIZ Office in Khartoum is looking for a qualified person to fill the following position:
No. of Post: 1
Duty Station: Khartoum with travels to the states if required.
Closing Date: 17 Nov 2019
(Junior) administrative, logistics and finance professional for the project “German Biosecurity Program” with duty station in Khartoum with travels to the states if required.
Disease outbreaks like the Ebola epidemic in West Africa in 2014 showed how highly infectious diseases can endanger both the health and the security of entire states and societies. Such diseases can be spread as a result of naturally occurring outbreaks, accidents in laboratories or misuse of pathogens.
To counteract biological risks, in 2013 the German Federal Foreign Office (AA) established the “German Biosecurity Programme”. It is a component of the German Government’s preventive security policy and contributes to strengthening the Biological Weapons Convention. The Programme is implemented by GIZ and leading German institutions in the area of infection prevention and control, amongst these Germany’s public health agency, the Robert Koch-Institute (RKI).
The Biosecurity Programmeis active in Sudan inthe following six components:detection & diagnostics, surveillance, biosafety & biosecurity, awareness raising, networking and capacity development. The main partner institutions are the Federal Ministry of Health (FMoH) and the National Public Health Laboratory (NPHL) in Khartoum. The Sudanese partners are supportedthrough activities for strengthening national biosecurity. Examples include awareness raising measures,the establishment of a laboratory network for biosafety & biosecurity and the support of a national political directive on thetopic
Duties and responsibilities:
The (Junior)administrative, logistics and finance professionalis responsible for:
- Support to operationand implementation of GIZ’s activitiesofthe Biosecurity Programme in Sudan;
- Administrative and logistical supportof activities carried out by theRobert Koch Institute, including travel management,workshop preparation and liaison with services providers (hotels, caterers, transport service providers etc.);
- Procurement ofequipment, materials and services needed for implementation (in cooperation with the GIZ office Khartoum), following GIZ’s rules and regulations;
- Knowledge Management and filing of documents in line with GIZ’s rules and regulations;
- Liaising with partner institutions on behalf of the project especially with regard to the organization of the project activities, i.e. work meetings, trainings and duty trips;
- Finance monitoring of project finances (in cooperation with the GIZ office Khartoum and project managers in Berlin);
- Coordinationwith colleagues in the technical,administrative and finance division of the GIZ office in Khartoum;
- Close coordination and communicationwith the responsible project managers of the Biosecurity Program in Berlin.
The (Junior) administrative, logistics professional performs the following tasks:
- Administration and operational support
- Manages incoming and outgoing correspondence;
- Manages and updates the programme’s filing system;
- Prepares procurement orders and contractsupon request from GIZ project managers in Berlin;
- Follows up on consultancy, service and local subsidy contracts until they are fulfilled by contractors and ready for payment;
- Takes over all tasks related to procurement of goods, equipment and materials, including adequate quality control of any items and goods procured;
- Ensures that project’s equipment is functionaland keeps the inventory of the project updated;
- Carries out any other administrative or operative support, including translations from Arabic to English of administrative and project related documents;
- Monitors and controls administratively the delivery of the implementation of project activities on the ground.
- Logistics and travel management
- Prepares and organises the logistics for vehiclemovementsof GIZ and RKI project staff in Khartoum and in the states if necessary;
- Upon request of GIZ project managers in Berlin obtainsvisa, flight tickets, travel permits, passport registrations, insurances,etc. needed for personnel involved in project activities;
- Is responsible for organizing anyadministrative and logistical aspects of project activities (meetings, workshops, trainings etc.), including the contracting of service providers;
- Assists GIZ project staff from Germany as well as internationalshort term experts in all logistic and administrative issues while on mission in Sudan.
- Liaison and coordination
- Accompanies the project team members to meetings and writes minutes of meetings if necessary;
- Prepares and organizes internal meetings and external appointments;
- Communicates and liaises with governmental and private sector project partners;
- Maintains a list of participants of the project’s trainings;
- Coordinates and communicates with the colleagues in Sudan in all necessary matters;
- Coordinates and communicates with the responsible colleagues and project managers in Berlin in all necessary matters.
- Finance monitoring
- Helps prepareprogramme budget planning;
- Helps monitorexpenses in accordance with the budget;
- Manages and monitors the monthly accounting and financial plans;
- Follows the whole procurement process of goods and services up to the point of payment;
- Follows up on invoices and ensures their correct accounting (in cooperation with the finance department);
- Keeps up to date a list of contracts and service/ material requests and their state of payment;
- Coordinates with colleagues in the administrative, finance and procurement divisions in Khartoum and in Germany;
- Manages confidential files, specifically in the area of finance.
- Other duties/additional tasks
- Ensures that all activities respond at all times to GIZ’s rules and regulations, including health and safety regulations;
- Performs other duties and tasks at the request of management.
Minimum Qualification, Skills and Experience Required:
- BA or MBA in business administration, accounting, auditing or similar area
- At least 3 years’ professional experience in a comparable position
Other knowledge, additional competences
- Outstanding aptitude on organisational and logistical issues;
- Profound knowledge of procurement, finance and accounting;
- Very good working knowledge of ITC technologies (related software, phone, fax, email, the internet) and computer applications (e.g. Microsoft Office);
- Willingness to upskill as required by the tasks to be performed –corresponding measures are agreed with management;
- Confidential handling of data and information;
- Very good communication and social skills;
- Fluent knowledge of Arabic and English, bothwritten and oral.
We actively encourage applications from women and people with disabilities.
Closing date: 17thNovember 2019If you do not hear from GIZ until the 30thDecember 2019, your application was not further considered. Please submit your CV of maximum two pages and a cover letter of maximum one page to email@example.com; subject line “(Junior) administrative, logistics and finance professional”.The application shall not exceed 1MB. Please also desist from sending any further certificates or attachments. References and degrees will be requested if requiredlater on.
To Apply Click On mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org