Position Title : Receptionist
Closing Date: 03.09.2019
Duty Station : Khartoum, Sudan
Classification : G3
Type of Appointment : Special, Six months with possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date : As soon as possible
Closing Date : September 03, 2019
Reference Code : SVN 09 2019 (N)
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration
and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM
is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by
providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
Under the general supervision of the Chief of Mission and the direct supervision of the Executive
Assistant, the incumbent is responsible for the following functions:
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
• Assist in arranging and coordinate meetings and appointments within and outside
the mission and the city
• Assist in relay messages from the CoM and drafting general correspondences and
filling as required
• Assist the CoM with informal translation from Arabic to English as well as informal
translation from English to Arabic, whenever required
• Assist in providing general secretarial support to the Office of the CoM
• Provide cover for the Executive Office during the absences of the Executive
• Receive and Assist visitors and direct them to the staff concerned
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Internal and external candidates
are eligible to apply to this vacancy. For the purpose of the vacancy, internal candidates are
considered as first-tier candidates.
• Operate the switchboard.
• Assist staff in placing call whenever deemed necessary
• Register and distribute all correspondences received and/or outgoing
• Send all outgoing correspondences and register them for reference
• Ensure reception area is well organized and presentable at all times
• Prepare refreshment for guests as required
• Perform such other duties as may be assigned by the CoM or the Executive
Required Qualifications and Experience
• University degree in administration and business management, or a related field
from an accredited academic institution with minimum two years of relevant
• Experience in maintaining and compiling of files and data banking;
• Throughout knowledge working with the Microsoft package (i.e. Word, Excel sheets and
• Strong ability of research and analysis of information
Fluency in English and Working knowledge of Arabic an advantage
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies
• Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural
differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
• Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner
consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
• Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and
committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level
• Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to
achieve shared goals and optimize results.
• Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and
timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
• Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge
• Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and
assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
• Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication;
explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via email: [email protected],
by September 03, 2019 at the latest, referring to this advertisement.
IOM International Organization for Migration – Khartoum Office:
Tel: +249 156554600/1/2 I E-mail: [email protected] I Website: www.sudan.iom.int
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.