- To manage and oversee the operation of central apparatus room efficiently
Key responsibilities and accountabilities
- Manage the daily operations of the engineering and technical broadcast operation functions of Central Apparatus Room
- Oversee and manages CAR engineering staff.
- Ensure the broadcast quality of the station’s signal and efficient operation of equipment; supports the station’s ability to maintain its schedule without error and minimum lost airtime or equipment downtime.
- Develop, manage, forecast and implement annual capital budget for technical equipment and engineering needs
- Assist in the technical support of critical hardware and software
- Monitor and scrutinize daily on-air technical quality
- Assist in the design of any improvements to the channel’s operation.
- Must be up-to-date with the latest broadcast technologies.
Knowledge, skills, training and experience
- Preferred Bachelor’s Degree and a minimum of five years’ experience in a broadcast operations management role
- Demonstrated strong leadership, team management, and has excellent written and verbal communication skills
- In-depth knowledge of broadcast technologies including; Transmitters, Antennas, Broadcast Switchers, Router Systems, ENG and DSNG Transmissions
- Ability to work well and make quick decisions under pressure
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule in support of a 24x7x365 operation