- He reports to the engineering manager and works directly and pro-actively with Engineering, IT, Operations, and News to ensure consistent good practices and consistent designs throughout the facility
Key responsibilities and accountabilities
- Effectively oversee and supervise the day to day duties of the maintenance staff
- Oversee the daily tasks of the engineering maintenance staff projects ensuring successful completion
- Work in a deadline-oriented environment and handle multiple, simultaneous projects
- Daily troubleshooting and user support of the channel’s air, production and news gathering operation
- Delegates technical tasks to broadcast maintenance, electrical and mechanical staff, and ensures that results are delivered in a timely manner and quality of work meets expectations set by management.
- Ensures regularly scheduled preventive technical maintenance in the broadcast facility is accomplished.
Knowledge, skills, training and experience
- BS degree or equivalent certification in technical discipline, i.e., electrical, mechanical engineering or equivalent work experience. At least 5 years’ job experience as a Head of Maintenance Engineering.
- Knowledge of electronics, the electronic theory present in television broadcast equipment, and good troubleshooting skills
- Proven experience in technology systems planning, development and project supervision
- Have knowledge of: production and production automation system, switchers, audio boards, servers, studio cameras and robotics; master control automation systems; news gathering, microwave, satellite, and IP transmission/reception, field cameras, and NLE
- Maintain and repair station equipment as directed.
- To efficiently analyze, troubleshoot, and correct malfunctioning equipment and systems.
- Utilize test equipment, schematic diagrams, and station drawings.
- Must have computer, server, and network knowledge as it applies to broadcast operations