Job – Project Coordinator for the Improving Health Access and Systems Strengthening Project – Federal Ministry of Helath Sudan
Position : Project Coordinator for the Improving Health Access and Systems Strengthening Project .
Employer : Federal ministry of health .
Duty Station: Khartoum with possible travel to targeted states
Estimated starting date: 20 May 2020
Duty Station: Khartoum
Closing Date: 05 May 2020
The objective of the Improving Health Access and Systems Strengthening Project is to increase the demand for health care and improve the supply of health services to reduce the high rates of mortality and morbidity among women and children in four states of Sudan, namely El Gezira, Khartoum, Northern State and River Nile. The project will address key health priorities of the country including reproductive and child health, nutrition and cancer control.
The three main project components are:
- 1) Institutional Capacity Building of Health Systems including sub components
- a) Capacity Building of Human Resources for Health and
- b) Support for Health Service Delivery
- 2) Demand Generation for Health Care Utilization
- 3) Project Management.
- The project aims to improve health knowledge, access to health services, quality of health services and the functioning capacity of the health system. Significant gains are expected in maternal and reproductive health, nutritional status of women and children, early detection and treatment of cancer and eventually reduction of mortality and morbidity among women and children .
Duties and Responsibilities:
The Project Coordinator is expected to perform the following duties:
- Prepare a plan of action for this project within 60 days after initiating the work which should include the chronogram of execution of all activities to be performed by the project.
- Prepare a monthly execution reports specifying if the plan of action mentioned above is being fulfilled and if the Bank’s disbursements are on schedule. Monitor and facilitate compliance with the implementation, legal, financial, technical, social, and other relevant requirements of the project.
- Coordinate with the Procurement, Finance, and relevant Technical Officers and other Implementing Partners in all project activities to ensure timely implementation of the project.
- Undertake monitoring and evaluation of performance indicators and outcomes against the targets of the project.
- Provide support [in the form of review and approval] of all documentation and processes regarding technical aspects of the project, procurement management, financial management, etc. of the project.
Minimum Qualification, Skills and Experience Required:
- Master degree in Medicine, Public Health or related Social Sciences, with at least 10 years of field experience in Project Management (A proven track record of successful completion of assigned tasks).
- Experience of working in donor-funded health projects in Sudan or other countries in the region.
- Experience in health research with a track record of publications in peer reviewed journals.
- Experience in supervising staff, managing teams and leadership.
- Excellent analytical skills and communication skills.
- Good command of MS Office software: Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint
Excellent knowledge of English and Arabic (listening, speaking, reading and writing).
How to apply
Please submit your CVs & Certificates to: