- Hands-on manager responsible for the daily operation and maintenance of the TV broadcast facilities. He is directly involved with the purchase, installation and maintenance of equipment and systems for the TV broadcast network.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities
- Coordinates and manage technical operations of production, broadcast and distribution equipment and facilities including, but not limited to, studios, edit suites, sound suites, Production LAN, long term storage and asset management and field equipment.
- Works to identify, research, resolve and consult about technical problems; creates and maintains records of compliance with state of Qatar, guidelines and regulatory agencies including iCT, to ensure technical standards and compliance and develops and monitors technical quality control procedures and standards.
- Works closely and effectively with engineers at the field sites to maintain transmission and distribution facilities and assists with planning and implementation of computer hardware and software in conjunction with IT Broadcast.
- Works with GM to monitor, plan, design, purchase, maintain and upgrade technical facilities
- Provides feedback, input and recommendations for departmental budgets, grant applications, and capital expenditure to help facilitate budget planning.
- Covers hands-on engineering on call shifts when necessary and leads the planning, implementation and use of new production and delivery technologies and develops continuing education plans for the job skill developments of technical staff.
- Assists as needed in preparing purchase requests, writing bid specifications, evaluating bid responses and selecting vendors.
- Manages and supervises engineering staff and creates work plans and goals that align with the channel’s strategic plan.
Knowledge, skills, training and experience
- 15 years or more of experience. Bachelor’s Degree in a related field or any equivalent combination of education, training, and experience, which provides the requisite knowledge, skills, and abilities for this job.
- Demonstrated results in a broadcast engineering leadership role and proven ability to maintain a detailed working knowledge of IT, broadcast systems, and other technologies of a radio/television broadcast facility.
- In-depth knowledge of broadcast technologies including; Transmitters, Antennas, Broadcast Switchers, Router Systems, ENG and DSNG Transmissions, Field Cameras, Signal Path Workflows
- Demonstrated strong project management experience
- Ability to work well and make quick decisions under pressure
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule in support of a 24x7x365 operation
- Must have effective communication and interpersonal skills.