Today, countries and nations are entrusting the youth on the future as they constitute a source of inspiration for social progress and a fertile generator of innovative ideas in all fields. Societies seek to empower the young generation with the latest scientific trends and technological revolutions, and grant them opportunities to innovate and become able to face future challenges, since the Nation’s Strength Lies in its Youth.
Therefore, the Islamic Cooperation Youth Forum, an international organization affiliated with the Organization of Islamic Cooperation, invites the youth of Islamic countries to participate in the Doha Oasis for Innovation, which will be held during the Doha, Capital of Islamic Youth event, from 14 to 20 September 2019.
The Doha Oasis for Innovation, which is an event dedicated to young people, aims at stimulating youth creativity in the fields of invention and innovation, guiding the younger generation to the path of knowledge and hard work in order to achieve aspired development and prosperity.
Objectives of the Event:
‐ Developing the spirit of innovation and creativity among the youth
‐ Endorsing and upgrading the Muslim youths’ innovative capacities
‐ Enhancing digital manufacturing skills
During this event, individual and collective competitions will be held in order to develop the talents and abilities of young people in the fields of invention, innovation, and manufacturing.
Duration of Event:7 days
Date of Event:
The Doha Oasis for Innovation will be held between September 14th and September 20th, 2019 (The arrival of participants is scheduled one day before the start and departure one day after).
A- General conditions
‐ Participants must be from 18 to 30 years old for both genders.
‐ Participation is allowed to young people belonging to OIC Member States or being young representatives of Muslim communities.
– The participant shall submit an accredited certificate proving that he has a sound reputation and good conduct.
– The participant must adhere to the event’s regulations and procedures as stated by the organizing committee.
B- Selection Criteria:
Application forms and CVs sent by the sorting committee will be examined according to the following criteria:
- Obtain a patent or its equivalent for participating projects.
- Proved local or international achievements in the field of science and innovation
- Availability of a model for the participating projects.
- Ability to work with a team.
C- Registration and Participation Mechanism
- The participation form shall be sent before the specified deadline for the registration for the event, due to August 19, 2019.
- Curriculum Vitae and required information should be attached through the following link on the website of Doha, Capital of Islamic Youth: https://www.dohaiyc.qa
- The selected winners will receive a confirmation of their participation via emails as indicated in the registration form.
Travel and Accommodation Expenses:
The host country will cover travel expenses to and from the participant’s country of residence as well as internal transportation, accommodation, and meals.
From June 19th to August 19th, 2019
- The participating project shall have a patent.
- Availability of the project’s model.
- Invention can be commercialized.
- Distinctive added asset of the invention compared to what was previously introduced in the same field.
A number of field visits will be organized in order to enable the participants to learn about the host country and its culture.
If you have any enquiries please contact:
- Email: [email protected]
- Hotline: 0097450054204 or 0097450057678