Closing Date : 29 August 2019
Requisition # 105361
Short Term-SC WFP – Africa, Northern – Sudan – Khartoum
Working Job Language (2) – RESOURCE MANAGEMENT
WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles.
Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance and encourage female candidates to apply.
Would you like to join WFP Sudan’s team of business support and deliver a limited number of routine business support tasks, to ensure that staff are effectively supported ? Are you ready to change and save the lives of Sudan’s most vulnerable people? If yes, this opportunity is for you.
At WFP, we are looking for an experienced Business Support Assistant to be based in Khartoum, Sudan to be hired on a Service Contract at SC2 level.ABOUT WFP
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
WFP Sudan has the potential to reach millions of food insecure people across Sudan – with a total of 4 million people assisted in 2018. WFP Sudan, one of the largest and complex operations for WFP globally, is currently rolling out its five-year Country Strategic Plan (2019-2023), which aims to provide emergency assistance through a hybrid approach (Cash, food and vouchers), along with life-changing types of programmes (Nutrition, Resilience and School Feeding).JOB PURPOSE
To deliver a limited number of routine business support tasks, to ensure that staff are effectively supported. KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
Main Responsibilities and Duties
- Collect, sort and disseminate correspondence, reports and other material to meet the required demands of staff to time standards.
- Maintain a record of incoming and outgoing correspondence through a document tracking system
- Coordinate translation into English if correspondence is in Arabic language
- Register reference number for all outgoing correspondence
- Maintain a proper filing and archiving for office files, documents and record in accordance with established systems and processes so that information can easily be retrieved and readily available for staff.
- Carry out general office tasks such as photocopying, binding, etc
- Provide a set of standard support activities where required to contribute to the effective functioning of business operations as follows:
- Liaise with Administrative Unit in replenishing office supplies (stationery, pens, notepads, etc)
- Ensure photocopiers/ scanner are always filled with paper
- Liaise with Administrative Unit in maintaining office facilities and in ensuring management office is clean .
- Liaise with Protocol Unit on staff travel permits and track validity dates
Additional administrative tasks:
- support in preparing media events, audit/compliance interviews/meetings and any other meetings as requested by management staff such as preparation of the conference room, provision of refreshments and photocopying of briefing materials, and ensuring teleconference equipment is available if necessary.
- Provide administrative support in HR related tasks
- Focal point for leave and time management
- Check leave balance of fixed-term staff
- liaise with staff and HR in collecting and collating forms pertaining to annual leave, certified sick leave, maternity and paternity leave, etc.
.STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education: Completion of secondary school education.
Experience: One or more years of experience in general administrative work.
Language : Fluency (Level C) in English Language in both oral and written & Fluency in Arabic Language in both oral and written.Knowledge & Skills
• Ability to use standard office equipment such as photocopiers and scanners.
• Ability to follow standard business support processes and procedures.
• Knowledge of standard office software packages, e.g. Microsoft word.
• Ability to provide information using courtesy and tact.
• Good attention to details.TALMENTED WOMEN ARE HIGHLY ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
We look for applicants with the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian values. We commit to promote diversity, gender parity and equality between men and women.
WFP strives to build a work environment that is safe and respectful, and free of sexual harassment and abuse of authority. We believe in open communication, and every individual at WFP is treated with respect regardless of gender, age, ethnicity, religious and political beliefs, etc.
In this pursuit, WFP assists women to balance work exigencies with personal and family responsibilities by providing an attractive compensation package, including fully paid maternity leave for 16 weeks, breastfeeding time off, and the possibility to avail of flexible working arrangements. Also, we endeavor to provide our staff, women, and men, with training and professional career development.DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
Closing Date: 29 August 2019..
- Qualified female applicants encouraged to apply.
- This position is open ONLY for Sudanese nationals or individuals authorized to work in Sudan according to Sudanese Regulations.
- WFP does not charge any fee at any stage of its recruitment process
- WFP has zero tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/ADIS status.