5 Jobs in Bank of Khartoum
Here at Bank of Khartoum we are committed to investing in the development of our human resources. We are frequently seeking new highly motivated bright candidates to help in the constant development of the Bank and to encourage a culture of innovation and total customer satisfaction. If you are interested in a career with us we would like to hear from you, whether you are an experienced professional or a fresh graduate wishing to start your professional career.
We are pleased to announce the following job vacancies in our IT Department :
1.IT Innovation AVP
JOB DESCRIPTIONThe role is responsible for managing and overseeing the Bank’s Information Technology Application Innovation projects and special tasks under the direction of Senior Management.
– Help BOK to implement systems with latest technology and standards.
– Introduce/enhance e-Banking, I-Banking, IVR, chat Banking, and mobile banking application.
– Introduce best industry standard OMNI Channel solutions.
– Enhance and optimize branch services.
– Introduce Chatbot solutions.
– Architect system integrations.
– Work on innovating new and existing solutions
o Salary Transfer.
o Digital onboarding.
o Fund Transfer Pricing
o Business Intelligence
o Contact Center
– Establish priorities among different innovation activities
– Secure and review time estimates with team members.
– Validating BOK requirements and ensuring deliverables at the scheduled target date
– Coordinate management and technical decisions
– Assure that all team members understand and accept their responsibilities
– Provide the necessary technical support in assisting to define BOK requirements in various areas.
– Coordinate with the relevant departments to define BOK requirements
– Work closely with vendorsto ensures smooth system implementation.
– Coordinate between the various teams involved in the scope of work.
– Obtain resources from specialist groups in BOK to resolve technical and business issues.
– Prepare and obtain steering committee’s approval of the project plan
– Provide periodic status reports and informationRecommend adaptive action
- Sc. in Computer Science or Engineering. MBA or Project Management Certificate (MBA or Prince2)
- Minimum of 7 years or more in Project Management and IT.
- Excellent Management, Computer, Communication, Reporting and Project Management Skills,Application and product support.
2.IT Product Support Manager
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Summary :
The role of the position holder will be to provide functional support and configuration management of the Bank’s Core Banking application in line with business Service Level Agreements (SLA).
Key Functions :
Include facilitating seamless integration with other interdependent software applications, business analysis and requirements gathering, application testing, report development, training of end users and management of service level agreements with application vendors.
1. BOK Applications management
a. Functional support of the Core Banking system and interdependent interfaces
b. Configuration, patches, update and upgrade management of the Core Banking system
c. Manage and support integration of the Core Banking system with other interconnected applications
d. Provide business analysis and requirements gathering support for end-users
e. Draft and Implement the IT Disaster Recovery Plan in collaboration with the IT team. Ensure that Core Banking Application, tools and data are available on the disaster recovery site at any time required.
f. Document any necessary procedure related to Core Banking application for reference.
g. Anticipates Core Banking application problems and implement preventive measures.
h. Investigate and install enhancements and operating procedures that optimize Core Banking application availability
i. Develop management information reports and dashboard using business objects, crystal report and other applicable tools.
j. Design and manage data warehouse applications and tools
k. Manage Service Level Agreement (SLA) with application service providers
l. Actively manage the timely resolution of outstanding defects or issues impacting the business
m. Support the preparation of key presentations, strategy documentation and other documents
n. Handle and implement requests for application customizations
o Provide end-user training
p. Investigate user problems, identify root cause, determine possible solutions, test and implement solutions
q. Any other duties as may be assigned by management.
2. IT Policies, procedures
a. Manage and participate in the development and implementation of goals, objectives, policies and priorities for assigned programs. Recommend, develop and administer policies and procedures. Review and evaluate work methods and procedures.
3. Staff recruitment & selection
a. Participate in the employee interview/selection process. Train, develop, evaluate and communicate with assigned staff.
b. Ensures appropriate resources are available to respond to customer inquiries/issues.
Any other duties assigned by the manger.
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or other relevant degree from a recognized University, a Master’s degree in a relevant field or a recognized professional qualification.
· Minimum of 8 years’ experience in Core Banking support & configuration management in a modern international ICT environment.
· Implementation and management experience of Core Banking Software (Finacle particularly) very desirable.
· Demonstrated expertise in managing banking application support processes including application defect management
· Demonstrated expertise in Solution architecture and system development life cycle
· Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
· Working knowledge of system testing
· Ability to develop customized software applications from functional specification
· Knowledge of Agile development framework
· Demonstrated experience in software application implementation
· Demonstrated experience in managing service level agreement with application service providers
· Knowledge of business reporting tools such as business object, crystal report and reporting writing
· Ability to communicate and function in a culturally diverse and change oriented setting;Willingness to travel and to work long hours where required in order to achieve the Bank’s objectives.
3.IT Network & Telecom Specialist
Support and Maintain Bank Local and Wide Area Network Infrastructure to ensure high availability and reliability.
· Designs, installs and configures network and security infrastructure and the NMS/monitoring tools, including the core network switches, routers, firewalls, intrusion detection/prevention systems (IPS), proxy servers, VPN concentrators, spam firewalls, configuration management, network performance management, MRTG and SYSLOG aggregator
· Monitors network traffic to identify problems and make capacity planning recommendations with the help of NMS and monitoring tools
· Maintains and updates the network and security infrastructure, tests and implements vendor security patches, implement workarounds for un-patched security vulnerabilities
· Installs, maintains, configures and troubleshoots the telecommunication infrastructure, including IP PBX’s, IP phones, IVR systems and fax servers
· Troubleshoots problems with network and security infrastructure, including routers, switches, firewalls, VPN, proxy servers and make corrective actions when necessary.
· Assists with the planning, design, research and acquisition of new or upgraded hardware and software systems; maintains current knowledge of hardware, software and network technology and recommends modifications as necessary; and, performs other duties of a similar nature or level.
- Bachelor in Computer Science fields
- 3 years of relevant experience on IT.
4.Data Center Supervisor
The Data Center Supervisor is responsible for the proper operations of BOK data center facilities and to manage a team of data center technicians. He is also responsible for the management of all subsystems required to operate the facilities and maintain the integrity of data center.
– Plan server distribution, installation, configuration and maintenance within data centers.
– Monitoring and performing on-going maintenance on servers and network equipment
– Protecting company data by preventing the overheating of data center components
– Running hardware diagnostics and replacing failing parts in a timely manner.
– Upgrading internal system components, including CPUs, memory, hard drives, and network cables.
– Provided daily assistance in operations of data centers at multiple locations.
– Monitoring all network processes to ensure the smooth flow of data across the network.
– solution, NetApp NAS arrays.
– Provides Level 2 and Level 3 support in case of escalation from Administrators, the Team Manager, or Incident / Problem Managers
– Responsible of efficient, effective management and resolution of all incident in a timely manner
– Delivers clear detailed and accurate technical documentation related to its activity in a professional and positive manner
– Documenting processes and keeping event logs
– Keeping track of developing trends in data center technologies.
Monitor and manages Replication & DR planning
– A Highly skilled and knowledge on replication technology’s to supports in maintaining the highest availability of Windows and Linux servers, thereby preventing downtime and data loss.
Monitor and manages Storage
– Monitors and tunes storage systems to achieve optimum level of performance. Provides performance
– data statistics to management and other team members
– configuring and maintaining global storage management and SAN administration
– Develops and executes a comprehensive global storage strategy
– Advanced working knowledge of fiber channel SANs
– Working on tape libraries
– Supervise the data center technician(s);
Monitor and manages all data center subsystems:
- Power, UPS and generators;
- Environmental controls;
- Fire suppression systems;
- Security monitoring systems;
- Floor charge and rack usage;
- B.Sc. in computer science, Engineering, computer information or related fields.
- 7 – 9 years of Experiences.
5.IT Security Officer
Governance of different IT functions, processes, and services based on industry and organization adopted regulations, standards, and best practices to assure efficient delivery of IT services in alignment with the organizational strategy and governance frameworks.
1. Implementing, maintaining, and continually improving the organizational Information Security Management System controls.
2. Conducting security assessments and testing for new and existing services and ensuring the secure design and implementation of financial systems and solutions in accordance to industry and security standards.
3. Conducting vulnerability assessments and penetration tests for systems and services.
4. Proactively identifying IT security risks and threats and partaking in mitigation and applying needed defense controls.
5. Monitor organization’s network, systems, and services for anomalous behavior, threats, and indicators of compromise.
6. Participating in investigation and response to IT security incidents.
- BSc of Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field.
- 3 years work experience in the IT field .
- 2 years work experience in an Information Security job or related field .Certifications in ISO27k, Penetration testing, incident handling or related security areas are a plus.