Shared Services Specialist Qatar Airways Khartoum
We are pleased to announce an incredibly exciting opportunity to join our Commercial team in Khartoum as Shared Services Specialist – Khartoum.
About Qatar Airways
Qatar Airways is the national airline of the State of Qatar. Based in Doha, the Airline’s trendsetting on-board product focuses on: comfort, fine cuisine, the latest in-flight audio & video entertainment, award-winning service and a modern aircraft fleet averaging around 5 years of age.
Awards by industry audit Skytrax:
– Airline of the Year (2011, 2012, 2015, 2017, 2019)
– World’s Best Business Class (2013, 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019)
– Best Business Class Airline Lounge (2014, 2016)
– Best Airline in the Middle East (2014, 2015, 2017, 2018)
– Best Airline Staff in the Middle East (2016)
– Best Business Class Seat (2015, 2019)
Qatar Airways serves more than 150 key business and leisure destinations worldwide, with a fleet of over 200 aircraft. The airline flies to Australia, Asia, Europe, Middle East, Africa, North America, and South America.
Qatar Airways is looking for the very best candidates to help support the Airline’s incredible growth. If you have the right attitude and aptitude to join our winning team
Support the Commercial teams and Head Office Legal, Finance and Procurement with all Shared Services activities in local outstations for their assigned region. Manage the team of Shared Services Co-ordinators in their assigned region to deliver their objectives by collaborating with internal and external stakeholders on all Shared Services activities that enable the Commercial, Cargo and Ground Services team to undertake their business and enhance the efficiency of the operational and QR revenue generating teams.
- Able to Handle station payroll independently with applicable deduction on pension, social security and taxation in order to meet local labor law compliances.
- Able to handle and manage cash sales report, banking of cash deposit, bank reconciliation, disbursement of petty cash claim, manage staff claim and accounting the same financial Oracle system.
- Coordinate and assist to HO Accounts payable, Accounts receivable, Tax unit and Treasury unit on information raised by each unit.
- Take active participation in station procurement, identify local potential service provider, obtain quote, analysis and prepare cost evaluation sheet, process purchase order and contract with service provider.
- Maintain station database like list of Contract, records of payment made to comply local requirement, Maintain staff and other Insurance related records.
- Able to generate and analysis on financial report.
- Management of cash handling for CTOs (where applicable) including daily cash sales verification against Bank Statements, Daily Sales Report checking, reconciling sales figures with merchant statement and bank statement for local card collections, daily reconciliation of physical cash with Amadeus sales report.
- Support User department by ensuring GL codes, Taxes and POs are accurate.
- Working with User Department to monitor and manage costs and review cost variances, reconciling spend versus budget.
- Support local station with administrative tasks as required to ensure smooth running of the station.
- Bachelors Degree
- 4 years similar work experience
- Procurement, finance, office management or shared services experience.