HSE Officer – DAL Food | Sayga Investment Co
Job Title: HSE Officer
Date Posted: 20/10/2019
Closing Date: 07/01/2021
Company: Sayga Investment Co. Ltd.
Job Classification: junior-level (1-4 years)
Job Category: Quality Assurance / Control
Location: Khartoum/Garri Free zone
About DAL Food
DAL Food is the largest and most diverse food company in Sudan focused on providing affordable, basic, staple foods and drinks for mass consumption.
The company is a visionary integration of a number of successful DAL Group divisions that have come together to form a larger, fully integrated agri-food organisation that will help increase access to DAL’s quality products, thereby playing a key role in improving the daily lives of people all around Sudan and beyond. Our business is guided by our commitment to providing products that improve daily life for millions of Sudanese people through our focus on traditional dishes, nutritional quality, product safety and reliability, affordability and widespread availability.
With a workforce of around 4,000 people and with our wide distribution networks reaching all across Khartoum and Upcountry, we also have a wide range of international offices and representations in countries like UAE, KSA, Malaysia, China, Chad, Ethiopia and South Sudan. This helps in serving our strategic ambition of leveraging our scale and capabilities to build a significant presence in chosen neighbouring countries.
Our product portfolio offers a wide variety of brands; Sayga, Zadna, Nobo, Milli, Safia, Rio, Bibo, Capo and many others
To develop, implement and monitor DAL Food HSE Management System, policies & procedures, so as to prevent
accidents/losses and protect employees, visitors, neighbors and environment against harm.To develop safe operating procedures, HSE plans (execute I monitor I audit all sites), ensure compliance with
HSE standards, procedures and legal requirements. To conduct HSE trainings, provide site safety leadership, and
improve HSE performance using key performance indicators.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- The Safety Officer is responsible for monitoring and assessing hazardous and unsafe situations, and conduct risk assessment for all operation and design risk migration measures so far as reasonable practicable.
- Issue and execute annual workplace inspection plan and conduct unplanned inspection.
- Issue and execute annual HSE training plan.
- Issue and execute annual Walk the Talk plan.
- Contributing on developing, implement, and monitor HSE policy, Procedures for Dal Food Company that aligned with DAL Food HSE policy and procedure.
- Correct unsafe acts or conditions through the regular line of authority.
- May exercise emergency authority to prevent or stop unsafe acts when immediate action is required.
- The Safety Officer maintains awareness of active and developing situations.
- Ensures there are safety messages in each Incident Action Plan.
- Participate in planning meetings to identify any health and safety concerns inherent in the operations daily work-plan.
- Review the Incident Action Plan for safety implications.
- Investigate accidents that have occurred within incident areas.
- Conducts toolbox meetings.
- Verifies that all tools and equipment are adequate and safe for use.
- Promotes safe practices at the job site.
- Enforces safety guidelines.
- Trains and carries out drills and exercises on how to manage emergency situations.
- Conducts investigations of all accidents and near-misses.
- Reports to concerned authorities as requested or mandated by regulations.
- Conducts job hazard analysis.
- Watches out for the safety of all workers and works to protect them from entering hazardous situations.
- Coordinates registration and removal of hazardous waste.
- Serves as the link between state and local agencies and contractors.
- Receives reports from and responds to orders issued by Department of Labor.
Minimum Qualification & Experience:
- Bsc Degree in Engineering /Environmental / Chemistry / Agriculture/ Food Science.
- NEBOSH or OSHA / Basic firefighting / Accident investigation / Risk assessment / TOT certificates.
- Internal audit certificates .
- Certificate in Environmental Study .
Required Skills & Knowledge:
- Team work.
- Soft skills (Good communication& presentation skills).
- Fluent in written and spoken English.
- Work under pressure.
- Good computer skills (MS Office applications).
- Trainer Skills.
- Drive license.
How to Apply
DAL Career website is developed to allow you to find different careers opportunities within DAL Group, use this website to find a job and apply.
- Our Official Application Form: Kindly use DAL Group Job Application Form instead of your CV, then attach it when asked for a CV in the e-recruitment application
- How to Apply: Find out DAL Group application process– and read about the next stages in our recruitment process. Create an account
- My Application: Manage your application, register for updates and search for jobs.
- Careers & Jobs: The diversity of DAL Group business means, there could be a role within DAL Group to match you.
- Compensation, Rewards & Benefits: Our compensation, rewards and benefits are designed to meet individual, local and international market needs as well as DAL Group requirements.
- Development & Career Progression: DAL Group companies are committed to develop & train employees for success.